Friday, February 11, 2005

Cool guitars and cool shoes:
Elvis Costello, Brighton Dome, Wednesday 9 February

In the early days, M and I used to take the mickey out of Elvis Costello for his silly glasses and rubbish songs. So to be honest, I wasn't really that keen on going to this gig at first until PP played me North and The Delivery Man. I rather like EC's strong quiver with his quieter songs, and many of the songs on The Delivery Man have really stuck with me. I don't know whether this is a new love for Elvis C or not, but I did enjoy watching the man perform. He can make a massive concert hall of people feel as if they are being invited to listen in on a secret when he sings away from the microphone with such ease. Whether you like the man's music or not, you've just got to love his gorgeous guitars (swapped over almost every other song) and his very cool silver shiny shoes.


Elvis Costello with shiny silver shoes (Lost Highway Records)

http://www.elviscostello.com/

1 Comments:

At 12:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that REALLY Mr.Costello? He could be every other Chav in Brighton for all I know! Is he loitering for fans again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home