Friday, February 11, 2005

KT Tunstall, Komedia, Tuesday 8 February


KT Tunstall, 2004 (Max Dodson)

KT Tunstall, likeable, attractive Scottish woman with a fun loop machine. She records herself banging a rhythm on the body of her guitar, layers it with some tambourine, some sung notes, more sung notes in harmony, and then kicks in with her guitar and band. That's what she seems to do best, and she has quite rightly released 'Black Horse & The Cherry Tree' as a single. Unfortunately, the rest of her set was all a bit middle of the road and I found myself largely unmoved.

However, this girl's obviously gonna be big in the pop world, and I saw her first (along with a few other people)! A good after-pancake activity with good company.

http://www.kttunstall.com/

2 Comments:

At 3:17 pm, Blogger soulmining said...

I thought she had some good songs; better than a lot of other female singer-songwriters who've come through recently.

 
At 3:19 pm, Blogger soulmining said...

Oh yeah, and I've posted a photo and short review on my blog too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home