Sunday, February 15, 2004

A good week. At work I flit between feeling super energised and happy exhausted: I feel so lucky to be doing a job I love it makes me want to cry. Great, exciting meetings with D and M on Thursday: all is beginning to take shape - fundraising, promoting, teaching, email discussion list starting..... the M-O development plan develops! It's great to feel challenged and also well supported. And to have my own office......... I'm covered in jam!



CDs:
Uncut Nonesuch Sampler (I need to hear more David Byrne and Victor Krauss!)
Recent CD comps from EB (really good: makes me realise I need to broaden my taste of melancholic experimental drawl to include more hip hop (ignoring the misogyny) and more happy rock bounce. Z and A's comments on hearing the CD in my room: "Is this your music??!")
Bill Evans Trio, Explorations (1961) (one from the top of P's dustpile; I like it I like it I like it. I love the postcards, too!)
Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man, Out of Season (2002)


Films:
K-Pax (2001)
I love Kevin Spacey so much it hurts. What a wonderful actor. Most enjoyable. And I think I need to see more films with Jeff Bridges. Interesting choice by A.
The End of the Affair (1999)
Classic Graham Greene Catholic struggle. I think this one will churn away at the back of my mind for a while - it was that kind of film. Ah - that reminds me of what J before receiving holy communion at Christmas mass to her sister: "I may as well go and stretch my legs and have a snack"... Controversial. I think it would make a good theme for a song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home