Sunday, July 11, 2004

Profound connections

On Wednesday it poured with rain and I left the house that evening in a rush to get to choir rehearsal. I pulled on the shoes I had neglected to clean after last Thursday evening's back-splash from J's vomit as it bounced off the road. I figured they would clean themselves in the rain.

When I arrived, I looked down at my feet and was feeling mildly aware of the fact that the Vomit Splash hadn't washed off and was rather apparent in the bright lights of the basement of the B Centre where we were gathered. I was swiftly joined by fellow alto E. She sat next to me, took her shoes and socks off, and bizarrely started to rub her face and neck with her less than clean looking socks. It was a less than pleasant vision but I wasn't even mildly repulsed. She stretched out her white top revealing a reddish stain, turned to me and said,

"Look, I'm such a div, I spilled my dinner down my front..."

I smiled back and replied, pointing to my feet, "Oh, that's lovely. I've got dinner on my shoes - see? It's from last week - not my dinner, but my friend's, after she ate it..."

It's always so heart warming to discover one has experiences in common with other people. It connects you so profoundly. Siigh!


"I've got dinner on my shoes - see?" Posted by Hello



Recent films:
Storytelling outrageously politically incorrect and funny opening sequence; shame it promises so much but delivers less. Great Belle and Sebastian soundtrack, though.
eXistenZ Yep. Typically David Cronenberg in its 'throw-some-grabby-sex-in-there-as-always' methods. Interesting but obvious questioning what-is-reality/are-we-in-a-computer-game plot.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban soooo disappointing! I couldn't believe I thought about the grocery shopping at least twice during that film.
The Barbarian Invasions I suspect I might have benefited from seeing Denys Arcand's The Decline of the American Empire before seeing this, as I thought the film as a whole was a little 'flat' and I found it very difficult to stay engaged with it. I wonder whether this one will sink in during the coming days and I'll suddenly come to some understanding of it next week as sometimes happens.
Shrek II Brill.
One Night Stand Love that Nina Simone track at the end - 'Exactly like you'
Mean Girls This film is really really funny - -

1 Comments:

At 5:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Few are lucky enough to survive a Dr. Jekyl showing and live to tell the tale. Support group meetings - Tuesday 730. Princess vomittina.

By the way, where do you come from?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home