Saturday, November 01, 2003

Reduced to a Puddle: Mariza at Brighton Dome

Despite not feeling well during the day today I pulled myself out of a warm bed to get to the Dome to see Mariza. I'd been excited about this concert for months, and by hook or by crook (and boy was I feeling crook) I was going to get there. And it was so worth it.

Sitting bang in the middle of the front row, mesmerised by this stunning, charismatic, dramatic woman singing with A Voice that one could only dream of having... I just melted... and was reduced to a puddle. AhhhHH! Wonderful.

The encore was the killer. Mariza and her three guitarists (Luis Guerreiro, portuguese guitar, Antonio Neto, classical guitar and Laurindo de Sousa, acoustic bass guitar) all 'unplugged' themselves and jumped off the stage to the front of the auditorium. Mariza wandered and sang while the three twangers huddled together playing by the stage. When she got to the front, and stopped Right In Front Of Me to sing to Me I thought the liquid goo I had already become was going to boil over and evaporate... Indescribably awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home